At Tuesday' Board of Education meeting, several important issues were discussed by the board members.
- There is a $20 million budget deficit for the 2008-2009 school year.
- The board has no current plan to deal with this issue
- The President announced there will be a special meeting to discuss the budget
- There is a $7.8 million surplus for the current school year.
- The state Department of Education will suspend all current year spending and will only authorize critical appointments.
- James Deveraux, the Board Secretary and School Business Administrator, is resigning. he accepted a position in Cherry Hill.
- The President of the school board, Sara Davis, read from a report about the incident at Sumner Elementary school. The situation where students ate sitting on the floor was investigated by the Department of Education.